ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 248 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Thanks for the comments folks. I had to get a cover inspection before the service was set. Homeowner was playing general contractor and scheduled the sheetrockers. As I only get to work on this nights and weekends, it took me awhile. 3000 sq ft, 320a service. The other panel is just to the right of this one.

Y
2 romexes per clamp doesn't fit my style.

Well, you oughta come down here where nearly every residential installer crams all the homeruns into one 3" PVC MA. I don't have a problem with this use of clamps.

Another question: under what circumstances would a panel be wired before the service conductors are installed?

I remember being told when I was a first-year apprentice that you should always do it this way, because service or feeder conductors are more likely to burn up than branch circuit conductors. When they burn up, it makes it easier to replace them. I don't buy this argument now, but sometimes there are circumstances where you do whatever work you can do at the moment. Yeah, normally you'd do the service or feeder first, but sometimes...

[This message has been edited by yaktx (edited 11-11-2005).]

[This message has been edited by yaktx (edited 11-11-2005).]

Broom Pusher and
Beautiful Panel, Magoo!!!

Keep up the clean work!!!

Scott35

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
Very nice work,
perhaps you will consider turning the ty-raps around to keep the clamps towards the back,

it is much easier on the back of your hands later on

it 's hard to tell, but will the bottom feed give you some problems ? is there room to route them around your nice work ?

keep up the nice work !

Tom
M
I try to get mine looking this good, but for some reason they fall a little short of this. How long do you spend making your panels look like this?

C
How long do you spend making your panels look like this?

I think the way he did it was actualy FASTER than the usual slam-jam-and-scram job....knowing that the SECs need to be brought in, all those BC wires will dump out easy AND be easy to re-install - heck, he could just remove one side then swing the guts to one side with little effort or fanfare.

Post a pic of the final product, ok?

~~ CELTIC ~~
...-= NJ =-...
R
Picture-perfect job, Magoo.
Why are the neutrals and grounds separated? Just for neatness? It appears that the bonding strap is still installed and the neutral buss is the one that's bonded.

X
Off topic question, what brand is that panel box?

Oh and no service cables?

Oh Magoo, you done it again, looks good.I have a guy that does the panels just like that, it kills me that it takes him so long but it looks great. I will have to post some pictures

Hank
C
Grounds and neutrals separate - It is apparently a sub panel, besides it is good practice, incase a main panel will be converted to a sub, plus is neat.

It appears to be a Siemens panel to me.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard