ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 403 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
It's a windshield washer bottle, which explains the 'cat' having a green tail, well spotted Larry.
It's amazing the detail you miss till others take a look- I had'nt seen the tapes in the background at all.
Alan

Wood work but can't!
P
I hadn't noticed the tape on the fence either, or that one of the posts is missing the barbed-wire holder at the top.

I did wonder whether the fence had been repaired, but why wouldn't they have had the car removed as soon as possible before patching the fence?

I would think that the rest of the substation would be energized, so if I were in the POCO's position I would fix the fence, even temporarily, right away. It can easily be pulled when it's time to remove the car.

And as for the car, I would think that it would be left alone for the insurance company's adjusters to examine/photograph. (As long as, as it appears in this case, it poses no grave danger. In fact, it may be the only thing keeping that breaker upright at the moment!)

Mr. Miell:

Any chance of a follow-up on this? Did you speak with Mr. Valley?

Enquiring minds would like to know... [Linked Image]

Stupid should be painful.
M
I'm always real skeptical of this kind of picture but I believe this one.

The proof to me is the way the side door is peeled back by the leg of the transformer rack. I can't imagine finding a picture of a car that fits the rack so perfectly.

If you'd like to take a closer look, I've enlarged the picture

If you Click Here you'll be able to get a better view. File size is 240 kb, so dialup might be a little slow loading

This is for real, I'm convinced.(You can even see the reflections in the rear quarter panel)

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 07-25-2005).]

P
All good points there. I guess that seeing some of the slick editing that has been done on some "fooled you" photos makes one overly suspicious at times....... [Linked Image]

It would certainly be interesting to get a follow-up on this one.

M
I wonder if they also could be waiting for the POCO engineers to look at it before moving anything. Depending on the damage on the passenger side of the stand there may have to be wood blocking or steel supports made up to keep the breaker from falling over.

Also could there be a concern of oil leaking out when the car is removed and they could be waiting for a Vactor suckup truck so they can suck the contamination up as the car moves out.

Electure,
Thanks for the bigger picture!. [Linked Image]
I'm not disparaging that it's not genuine, what I can't believe is how "well" this car fitted into the gap that it is in.
I see in the enlargement that one of the oil drain valves is right where the driver would normally sit. [Linked Image]
Absolutely amazing that no-one got injured, let alone killed!.
Paul,
I have to agree, you could pretty much trust most photo's as real, until Photoshop hit town, now it has you guessing.

R
Aiiii!!!!!

Those people in that car were very lucky that they survived.

It's surprising that there is hardly any oil leak visible from the OCB tank on the grey scoria stones or concrete slab.

It's genuine I believe if you look at the patched up fence with the top wires missing and the twisted OCB stands.

Did this feeder actually trip ??? [Linked Image]

The product of rotation, excitation and flux produces electricty.
T
Let's say image manipulation has been greatly facilitated and professionalized by the advent of Photoshop, but it has been around as long as imagery. Paintings were easy to manipulate, and photo retouche is as old as photography itself. Remember the pictures of Russian government where Trotski has always been retouched out. Only photoshop has made those changes much harder (sometimes close to impossible) to spot. (I graduated on that topic, both theory and a real-life photo edit).

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard