ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 405 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Somehow this picture has just been bugging me, and I think I've realized why.

The fence behind the car looks completely intact as though it wasn't even touched. Yet the distance between the fence and the transformer bank doesn't look to be all that large.

Or is it just that the angle of the photo is deceiving? [Linked Image]

E
e57 Offline
I assume the POCO fixed the fence first thing after the EMS crew left. As if I were the tow truck driver, "Call me when you get that frankenstien looking electrical gear off the car, not touching it till then."

At first look of this, I thought just that. How do you get the car out without toppling the gear?

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
D
The other thing is the shadows of the front of the car and the shadows of the tower.

It appears as if the sun could be in two different locations?

No skid marks, which could be explained I guess, and the bent strutcure leaning in towards the driver door, I would think that would bend out if hit, no bend in towards the door.

The skid marks are in that laundry bag by the front tire.
Alan

Wood work but can't!
There are 2 stripes of caution tape (1red & 1 yellow) on the fence behind, and a makeshift post without the carrier for the barb wire top. I think they just patched it.

First they had a Chevy Lumina, and now they've got a Chevy Luminaire!

Absolutely amazing that nobody got hurt.

Paul,
Somehow this picture has just been bugging me, and I think I've realized why.
I've had the same thoughts.
If the car had come past that fence, with the distance between where the car stopped and the fence, shouldn't the fence be under the rear of the car to a degree?.
Them people in that car want to get a lottery ticket though, that is real luck!. [Linked Image]

L
Both I and my fiancee, who does computer graphic work, have looked at the details mentioned above. We believe the image to be genuine.

The shadow angles don't look that different if you observe the height of the car and the height of the rack above the image top.

The fencing has obviously been patched. The rack leg that looks bent in is actually twisted, caused by the car passing it.

The hood is under the cans and the "cat" by the front tire appears to be the windshield-washer fluid reservoir.

Larry Fine
Fine Electric Co.
fineelectricco.com
D
And if the car came through the fence, which we'll say got patched, How did the license plate stay on, the chevy emblem stay on the grill, and most puzzling is the front lights.

How did they not break when it hit the fence and why does the front nose piece not look damaged if it went through the fence also?

Someone got real lucky if this is in fact genuine.

Dnk.....

B
FWIW, the description notes that the car was airborne prior to hitting the stand. That could explain a few of the oddities.

E
e57 Offline
Having driven under a chain link fence myself, unless you hit the post, you could go through with just scratches on the hood and roof. The wire ties holding it together just pop off. Even hitting a post would flaten most, that way, depending on how stout the post was, you might get away with no damage at all.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard