ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 271 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sure can make a difference

1st place:
I've got a "Grade1" (unlimited) access card to this whole facility. This is one of several switchrooms, the server rooms and Elec rms follow suit.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

3/4 of a mile down the street:
I spent an hour waiting to get in this room while I was being "approved". They "don't let just anybody in" because they have "lots of valuable equipment in there"

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Dumb, Huh? [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 07-16-2005).]

I
I know what happened.

You where upset because you had to wait so you set off a bomb in the room that is now a disaster. [Linked Image]

It is amazing that rooms like that are all to common.

Most times a problem in one of these rooms can put all the companies employees on hold. With that kind of risk you would think all the rooms should look like the first one you posted.

Here is a typical IT space for a very large super market chain we work for.

All the registers, phones, scales, payroll, pricing guns, orders etc pass through this mess.

[Linked Image]

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
The 1st picture is good.
Just a shame the rest of it is a nasty piece of work!. [Linked Image]

P
What a contrast! That first establishment looks like a dream to work in compared to most.

The framed diagrams on the wall are a nice touch. I bet that second place doesn't even have much in the way of routing diagrams for anything, right?

E
e57 Offline
The first place has all of the possibility of looking like the second... Depending on whom they allow to add or make changes to the plant. And just general housekeeping of the room, note the beginings of a bad habit with the box, and bulbs laying around. It's the begining of the end. The little stuff adds up over time.

The second place obviously doesn't just let anyone in the there, because the slightest breath could disturb that nest of garbage. And they are probhably just a little embarrassed when anyone sees it. As I imagine that most of it was done in house, by the guy who made you wait.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
Bad Habits??
The lamps had just been changed by the day porter as part of a scheduled maintenance program. He wouldn't leave them there.

The boxes were thrown out as soon as the 2 routers inside were put in the rack. Honest [Linked Image]

J
What are you guys doing in our phone rooms without even stopping by to say hello??

"Yes I am a Pirate, 200 years to late" Jimmy Buffett
S
Interesting about management attitudes...

I'm doing some work at a place that looks just like the first two pics. (In fact, it looks so much like the first two pics that I had to study the drawings on the wall to make sure it isn't the same place. [Linked Image] ) It's amazing how the attitude follows through into other things--they have a guy who must come around at least three times a day to empty the trash cans. I've never seen anything like that before.

H
shocked

Where do I jack in? damn, and I thought MY wiring was a mess! [Linked Image]

Cliff
E
e57 Offline
I bet the bulbs are still there....

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard