ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#121262 07/01/05 07:23 PM
A New Definition for a Multi-Purpose Room

This is supposed to be an electrical / generator room at one of our facilities in the Los Angeles area, but I guess someone noticed all the available space in there. The reason we were there is to try to find space for another transformer and a couple of panelboards [Linked Image]. This is located on the roof of a building in sort of a pilot house type room or enclosure.

Radar

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 07-01-2005).]

#121263 07/01/05 07:24 PM
Here's more:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

#121264 07/03/05 08:18 AM
The jerry-cans in the pic's just seem to sum this one up.
Personally if I was an Electrician here, I would tell everyone else to kindly remove thier superfluous stuff out of this room, NOW! [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

#121265 07/03/05 01:12 PM
Personally if I was an Electrician here, I would tell everyone else to kindly remove thier superfluous stuff out of this room, NOW!

Frankly, I've run into similar situations in film projection rooms before. First I tactfully advise the management about the potential hazards and what the fire marshall will say on his annual walk-thru. If, on my next visit the clutter remains too close to the equipment, they get a ten-minute window to move it or I throw it away! [Linked Image]

In all but one instance, they complied upon my first comment. One cinema refused, and as I was throwing the junk out the door and down the booth stairs, in walks the manager with the fire marshall in tow!! The manager was about to blow a fuse when the fire marshall commented "It's about time someone got that *$@! out of the booth!"

Good spot on the jerry cans, I missed them first time I looked at these pics...nothing like 10 gallons of flammables next to a few potential ignition sources!!

(edited for spelling)

[This message has been edited by mxslick (edited 07-03-2005).]

Stupid should be painful.
#121266 07/03/05 09:21 PM
M
What no bed???

#121267 07/05/05 05:11 PM
Actually if we kick some stuff out of the way, there's probably room in the middle of this space for a bunk. Good idea - I'll pass that along to the local manager.

In our organization, the operations folks have a good deal more horsepower than the facilities people. Worse, we have no staff electricians assigned to a facility like this. Our maintenance people operate out of central shops on an itenerant basis. So getting the operations managers to stow their stuff elsewhere is next to impossible.

Radar

There are 10 types of people. Those who know binary, and those who don't.
#121268 07/05/05 05:14 PM
Hey Radar?,
Is that shed made of timber or is it rusty steel panelling?. [Linked Image]

#121269 07/05/05 06:42 PM
Just take all the crap, one piece at a time, and quietly 'park' it in obscure locations round the building, such as behind a coffee machine, in the toilets, car park, etc. I used this trick a lot to get shot of my unwanted junk at work, parcelling up the really crappy stuff in neat boxes. Anything vaguely usefull will vanish, the rest will eventually get thrown in the trash as a nuisance. I once anonymously posted, internal mail, thousands of ancient tiny beech 'nails' (for repairing spark-free boots) to an executive after he gave me a hard time. Most satisfying. It's all a game, so have some fun!
Alan

Wood work but can't!
#121270 07/05/05 09:26 PM
Alan,
I once anonymously posted, internal mail, thousands of ancient tiny beech 'nails' (for repairing spark-free boots) to an executive after he gave me a hard time
Boy, I'd hate to get on the wrong side of you, I'd never know what was going to turn up!. [Linked Image]

#121271 07/06/05 06:21 AM
Don't get mad, get even is a good maxim when working in large organisations. There is always some prune whose aim in life is making life a misery for co-workers. My best jape ever was the exec. who unloaded crap work on me in spades. He couldn't ever remember his safe combination and had it written in a pocket book, and was so dumb he usually took 3 or 4 tries to open the same.
I read the number over his shoulder.
Then, every time he dumped on me, I left a banana, (or a packet of peanuts), and a photocopy of a chimp in his safe- as an ecouragement for him to open it.
Worked for me!
Alan

Wood work but can't!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard