ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 254 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#121210 06/24/05 11:08 PM
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Hello Gentlemen, here are some pix- post 'em if you want. Again I am amazed and humbled by the eagle-eyes of the ahj and the home inspector. We were here to check on a bad gfci in the kitchen for a friend of a large acct. The lady had just closed and she showed us an inspection report from the village AND a $300 report from a home inspector, dated 3 days before closing. I would guess that this was installed within last month prior to closing to comply with local code of 100A/Circuit Breakers, the dust from the tapcons was still there. There are also issues with the hvac and foundation, but that's somebody elses trouble. We replaced service panel and conductors-at least the breakers were new, the ones that weren't covered w/ #$%^@ - and grounded everything, oh-and we swapped out the fitsall, greenfield and floating gc for the A/C with emt.

Chris- chi spark
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Webmaster (edited 06-24-2005).]

C
I guess I forgot to mention that none of this showed up on either inspector's report. And I can't see any pix.

Admin Offline OP
Administrator
I can't see any pix.
sorry about that! Had to remove a space in the file name.

[Linked Image]

D
[Linked Image]

How much did the previous owner get socked with for that "exemplary piece of workmanship"?

C
I dunno, Doug- but it's the Chicago area, so either a bunch(3" holesaws ain't cheap) or they had a relative "what knows electrisical". I thought that 3" hole was pretty impressive in a 3-1/4" pan-probably 2 guys "what knew electrisical"

R
This is a perfect example of these guys that do installs and have no clue what they are doing....what I mean is look at the amount of work that went into the feeder pipe, they even made sure the plastic bushing was on the connector but probably never even gave a second thought about the fact that they have no ground.

Classic example of knowing enough to be dangerous..love the ungrounded box wedged against the water pipe but took the time to tape the wirenuts, nice finish

[This message has been edited by Rich R (edited 06-26-2005).]

C
nooo.. that's a nat. gas pipe. Ya, it was surprising-there were 2) 1/2 and 1) 3/4 EMT to line the panel up to, all on top- wtf? I think it took longer to make the "seismic joint" hole than to line up the 1-1/4 to the service and adjust the small emt's. The replacement pan(siemens) lined up poifect! Maybe they did it to stop all that sparking!

Link Copied to Clipboard