ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 526 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
It may be protected by that shutter, but in the larger picture isn't it wiser to just fail the guy to discourage further creative innovation along the same lines?

On a different subject- I've never seen exposed SE like that out here in the west, and that's a good thing- because it's Ug-leeee! Sure are some pretty houses back east, though. Pretty till you get to the meter side of the house [Linked Image]

Trumpy:

There's no flaming here, mate. [Linked Image]

That's what I love about this site, we all can share our opinion without worry. My remark was tongue-in-cheek [Linked Image] as I work with someone who would bash me over the head with the literal interpretation of that reference.

In fact we argued (amicably) today over what constitutes a "dedicated circuit." I'll start a thread with the gist of that debate...

Thanks!!

Stupid should be painful.
E
I see no problem with this. The only question I have is that the service looks about 25 years old or so. Why was it being inspected now? This is not above the roof so throw that out, point of attachment is covered by the exception so no red tag there, as for workmanship that is strictly a matter of opinion (and should be removed from the NEC) and I don't agree with yours. I bet the service was there long before the shutters were added.

H
lol. LOTS of exposed SE here in Arkansas. 90% of it is still live too..

Cliff
B
Are you guys kidding? If any of my techs did a job like that they would be FIRED on the spot.
What happened to quality workmanship?

J
To give you guys an update, I knew there would be trouble when three guys were waiting for me when I showed up. Two of which did not speak English. Reading between the lines, I don't belive the contractor did this job, but the other two guys did and I mentions that you must supervised the the work if you are not present. I would not want this on my house, would you? The red tag stands until it is moved over.

Joe Rossi
Truthfully, I wouldn't want a neatly done job of that stuff on the side of my house.

L
LK Offline
"Are you guys kidding? If any of my techs did a job like that they would be FIRED on the spot.
What happened to quality workmanship?"

I agree, however here in the east, we have million dollar homes, with service cable, craftsman, are hard to find in this area.

Fast, and cheap seems to be the key, a few custom homes, were bulit near my home last year, they all have service cable, and they all look like hit and run, nothing neat or running stright, duct seal thrown on the connector, screws loose on the cable clamps, entry hole not sealed, meter pans tilting to the right or left.
I was talking to man that took care of the builders punch list, he told me the EC was a new guy that just got his lic., it appears there are many entering the business with poor skills, and an additude that workmanship has little value, and this tends to reflect on all the EC's that are doing first class work, we are all being judged on what is seen, slopy installations.

From Jim M

[Linked Image]

W
The red tag stands until it is moved over
Is it was tagged for poor workmanship, why will moving it over solve that?. The poor workmanship results because it is behind the shutter?? or too close to the window.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard