ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#116735 04/20/04 01:00 AM
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Howdy all!

The enclosed pics are from my "scavenge" at a friends' parent's house to re-stock my stolen tools.

The first pic just shows the pile of tools I dug out of the basement - They used to belong to a guy named "Bud" Epstein, who worked as an HVAC guy for years in the Skokie, Chicago area. His daughter said she knows he'd rather see them getting used than going to an estate sale or thrown out, so I was given free reign to scrounge. I got around 10 tool boxes, 2 ammo boxes, and 3 kitty litter pails of tools, and supplies for electrical, plumbing, and electronics out before the evening was over. They'll really help me stay "on the job", and I'm glad the opportunity presented itself.
[Linked Image]
The second pic is something I noticed in the back of the house. To the left is a regular elbow body, to the right is an older r/t outlet box. In the middle?
[Linked Image]
Yes, that elbow changes over to 3/8" copper plumbing tubing... they run together under the yard to the object in picture 3
[Linked Image]
Picture 3 is a yard item that is close to the alley. (sorry for the poor res - it's a camera phone) It's a D/C box being used as a J-box for the OLD (screw-down covers) outlet box. The copper line get changed to rubberm and goes to the plate just visible on the fence. The other side has a Milton air chuck attached to it.

The pole is 2" IMC - poss aluminum RMC. It serves as a mast for two overhead canopy lights - which appear handmade.

When I asked the daughter why he ran it that way, she said "It's what he had laying around the house, so he used it!"

Just a posthumous nod to an (obviously) talented fabber, and a thanks to the powers that be for some good luck (for a change)!

DougW

#116736 04/22/04 04:43 PM
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Here's some more photos from the "haul"...

Photo 1: Gee genuine Bakelite!

[Linked Image]

Photo 2: More Bakelite:

[Linked Image]

Photo 3: Still "new in box"... circa 1964:

[Linked Image]

- DougW

Link Copied to Clipboard