ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#114262 02/10/03 05:40 PM
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
[Linked Image]
Found the condulet with the missing cover at a local building supply store in the Los Angeles area. This is located on the pole holding their sign. Note the wire hanging out and the crushed spot in the conduit and the trash stuffed in the condulet. It appears that this has been this way for quite some time.
[Linked Image]
The other picture is, I'm sorry to say, of a home made extension cord that I found at my Dad's house. In addition to everything else, the cable used is intended for low voltage (Malibu type) outdoor lighting. Needless to say, this cord and my cable cutters hade a discussion...the cable cutters won!

Bob

B
Is that really a signed-off permit wadded up in the conduit body?

S
<DELETED>

[This message has been edited by SvenNYC (edited 02-10-2003).]

S
Hope you saved the male cord cap and the outlet. Those things are practically antiques!! [Linked Image]

What was the gauge of that green flex? It looks pretty thick. Do they even sell that anymore? Thickest zip-cord I've seen nowadays is 16AWG type SPT-2....

P.S.: Why do people feel a need to jam garbage into every opening they see but dump it on the floor when they're standing next to a garbage can? [Linked Image]

L
on the ext cord.is that a new kind of cover/receptacle....never seen one like that

SvenNYC:
FYI, Low Vlotage landscape cable is available in #14, #12, & #10 AWG; 2 or 3 conductor plus ground. Said cable is used/rated for Low Voltage landscape lighting installation; direct burial.
John

John
S
Hotline: OH OK....I think I know now which one you're talking about. It's just not something I come across daily, which is why I didn't know what it was. [Linked Image]

Lighthouse: In that extension cord picture, I think that receptacle is an old surface-mount type socket. Never seen one with that funny sloped front though. The ones I've seen/used/got are little brown rectangular flat boxes....

C
That is a different brand, a P&S, whose
recepticles are sloped, including more modern grounded type. You are probably used to seeing Leviton or GE brand. I wish
I could show pictures, but I have no webspace
to post them.

F
Hey classicsat go here to upload pictures http://207.76.168.55/ubb/cgi-bin/upload.htm
We all love pictures of voilations

Link Copied to Clipboard