ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
[Linked Image]

Looks like it's been there for a while.

- wa2ise

S
Been there long enough for the roots that sprouted, to bury themselves in the ground. Reminds me of a banyon tree.

Steve
Bill:

Can we see the load ends of these cords and what they supply?

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
T
The grass is greener on the other side (behind the thing)...

P
are those ground wires?

S
I am not sure if they have been there for a while. The cords look in good condition. Also if they had been there for as long at it looks those tags would be gone.

To my completely untrained eye it looks like the panel has obvioulsy been there for some time. Not the wood coloration. But then every once in a while someone comes along and puts in new extension cords. Either that or what is the deal with all the tags??? [Linked Image] Someone coming along and inspecting the cords to make sure they are ok? [Linked Image]

I don't know.

Scott

J
It appears this might for a lighting display of some sort. There appears to 4 light sensors on the right side of the panel and several others on the left side. The grass looks like new sod or it is very well trimmed around those wires.
Could this be for a christmas lighting display. I see a wreath on the door across the street.

Looks like "inspection" tags/stickers on the panel cover. Since there are two stickers visable, and one looks "older", and the remains of another at the bottom of the cover; this may be a temp setup that is put in yearly for holiday lighting. (Hence the "aged" backboard & lumber.) Hence the evergreen tree in the backround.

Should have bubble covers. Hope there's a gfi in each circuit; looks like it may be; top left FS box, right device looks white & square. Don't see a ground conductor.

Box fill may be an issue?? Wonder if the photocells are mounted in hubs???

John

John
T
The padlock on the panel shows the installers big concern for safety [Linked Image]
The tags on the cords are to aid in troubleshooting the lights after the rain causes the gfcis to trip.

Donnie
From the looks of the rusty nipples, this stays up all year, and then the cords are plugged in seasonally. What the heck kind of connection or fitting is that from the meter socket to the riser?
There are 9 photocells, and 9 boxes so...
Looks like each box has a GFI recp, and a standard recp, probably fed through the GFI.
Could there be a GEC buried under those cords?..S

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard