ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 331 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#11327 07/13/02 01:17 AM
E
I just stumbled across this forum when I was unemployed. How lucky, because this forum has been such a huge help. Not just in my question posts, but in reading all yours.

I'm a fourth year apprentice in a 5yr program. I'm studying for my journeyman and master tests and also have memberships to nfpa and iaei. But, nothing comes close to this forum for purposes of understanding issues and being able to articulate what you want to say.

currently I'm working on the seattle opra house. The electrical is $12 million alone.

Between running and work I dont read and post as much as I like to, but I try every week.

#11328 07/14/02 01:04 AM
S
Hi all. I'm a 20th year Canadian electrician (309 & 442) who works in a industrial setting in a small town, and do a fare bit of residencial work on the side. I follow a couple of electrical forums that are geared to the nec and I find them very informative when they get into theory. Their are some Canadian sites but they are pretty quite. I enjoy reading about how most of you are self employed and I always wanted to be my own boss, but a steady pay and benefits has spoiled me, especially my wife. By the way this is the best electrical site yet! that I've come a cross. I'm curious though how others got into the trade. I started right out of high school when I 18 and was preparing to go into aviation mechanics when the provincial utility company was looking for apprentices, I applied and ended up serving a 4 year apprenticeship. 7 yrs later after tiring of all the travel I settled down with job at a small town as a township electrician. Later I took a job at a mine site as a surface leadhand electrician and 20 yrs later I now work in a plywood mill. So how did you end up being a magician, I mean electrician
PS 27-29 C\degrees no rain in site

#11329 07/16/02 01:27 AM
Some Good responses here!

Sam and Bill,

It's nice to see some of our northern neighbors here! There are more of your countrymen around here too that you may not be aware of. Make yourself at home and feel free to share some of your experiences and practices with us or to ask questions.

It seems that many of our non-American visitors may have a tendency to be more reserved and hesitant to participate. I assure you that there are many curious people here that are very interested in "how things tick" everywhere else around the Globe. Please don't be shy!

[Linked Image]
Bill

Bill
#11330 07/16/02 08:43 PM
H
Hello to all,

I have been reading posts on electrical boards for many years. Just ask Joe from to old days on the Prodigy board. I went from being a contractor to being a working electrical inspector. ( Thanks to Joe's proding and teachings.) I pop in now and then ( Usually 2-3 days later ) add my 2 cents, and read everything. I like the old electrical equipment. ( not to install but to look at.) (LOL) I have seen a lot from airport wiring, new homes (some with bowling alleys in them, swimming pools, and a 2 story waterfall.) to a hospital operating room. I am trying to get a digital camera right now to bring to work, so that I can show some of the violations I have seen. I also posted a top 10 list of violations for Joe a long time ago.

Keep safe Harold aka Caper

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard