ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 274 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#112865 10/11/01 09:06 PM
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
[Linked Image]
I got to work early on the morning I took this pic. Although there is a gutter violation of NEC374-5(a), I thought it was a really clean install, and thought I'd send it in instead of one of my usual horror photos. I felt good that day!

I will never forget taking this picture. Everything changed so abruptly. This was taken @ about 5:45 AM (CA time) on 9-11-01. As I climbed off of the scissor lift, I heard the terrible news of the first plane hitting the WTC.

- Scott (electure)

[This message has been edited by Webmaster (edited 10-11-2001).]

#112866 10/11/01 10:00 PM
S
Rather nice lookin' pipe. My wife is always catching me staring at concentric bends in shopping malls etc. Neat work always catches your eye. Maybe you're onto something with 'neat pictures' here?

#112867 10/11/01 11:01 PM
Broom Pusher and
Scott,

Nice work!!! Glad to see some photos of good installations once in a while!
Might be benificial to post both "Good and Bad" shots of a certain installation [whenever possible], to point out the differences and accent the "Bad" parts.

Steve,

My Wife always catches me "looking Up" when we go to Stores, Malls, Convention Centers, etc. She makes jokes about it to our Friends like "He doesn't stare at other Women, He stares at Electrical stuff!"

She laughed her butt off when I excitedly ran to the Transformer and got the picture of the "Shock Warning Sticker"!

Not too many Women would deal with this level of Eccentric Equipment Fascination, so we are all kind of lucky to find "Tolerant Mates"!

Scott SET

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
#112868 10/12/01 11:18 PM
I'm very lucky also. Mine jokes that she has to read me the menu in a restaurant (because I'm always looking up). She has been a bit embarrassed though, by my occasional forays into rooms marked "No Admittance" when I hear the hum from within.

Whoever did this job didn't leave their name attached, but the entire building is this neat (I was just in to repair some lights).
It's also in a city that has an extremely loose inspection policy. I've had tenant improvement jobs pass underground, rough, ceiling, and final inspections by phone, without ever seeing an inspector. He said they "Trust the electricians to know what they're doing" [Linked Image]
Fortunately, these guys both knew and cared!
I'll look for some more nice jobs...still, there are those "monsters"

#112869 10/13/01 12:37 AM
N
I had to bring my wife over to read this one! I guess we are all alike! [Linked Image]

Could we start a neat installation area? I can think of a few places I would like to get pictures of.
Nick

#112870 10/13/01 02:09 AM
T
I think a "good job" picture now and then is a good thing! Getting credit for something well done is good for one's ego.....
As for "looking up", I am guilty of doing it too since marrying into the trade! Our area "superstore" is of great interest to me!
Have had some near misses with my shopping cart, and have also notice others looking up to see what I was looking at.......

#112871 10/13/01 07:05 PM
Nice, neat job.
It's refreshing to see work like this.

Nick,

Sure We can start a "Neat Area" - Got Pictures?

Carol, (I mean Tiff)

Nice to see you around again. I find myself looking up a lot too, even in the church. People don't pay much attention to it in there though.

[Linked Image]
Bill

Bill
#112872 10/13/01 07:34 PM
I'd thought about posting a pic of some work I'm proud of, but was afraid somebody would find a violation in it!!!

Seriously, though, I think it's a great idea, we've been trained to have a "worst case scenario" attitude, and like the Emergency Medical Services (Steve knows what I mean) one may burn out from seeing too many "bad" things...

Unfortunately, in residential work, "good work" is unseen and buried inside walls for the most part... Perfectly plumb and square multi-gang boxes are probably my biggest challenge right now... I guess something can be said for properly spaced and aesthetically pleasing lighting... The devices and fixtures should blend so naturally into the environment that the laymen ignores their existence!

So, when I've done my job right, no one should notice!

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
#112873 10/17/01 10:44 AM
N
Bill,
I don't have any at this minute but I will get some. (all I have is boring pics of underground duct banks)What I will really try to find is some pictures of the Adelanto converter station near my house. It's full of multi-layered concentric bent rigid conduit. Quite a site to see. They may be tough to obtain though. [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Nick (edited 10-17-2001).]

#112874 10/19/01 08:03 AM
I think very often our hands are somewhat tied due to planning & changes. It's very frustrating, but common, to get 95% through a job and have everything nice and neat only to have the customer's machinery come in and be a different voltage, Ø, etc than was shown (usually w/ 1 day to finish the job). Then, there's always the "Oh, this wasn't on the plans, but..." things that come in at the last moment.
(I'm hoping to get a good "before & after" pic on Sunday)

Link Copied to Clipboard