ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 256 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#112531 07/04/01 02:06 PM
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
[Linked Image]
I don't know how many years this has been like this but it sure caught my eye and camera. It also might catch some one's foot or their leg trying to get out of the front of the panel if they got shocked or just accessing the panel for work or to reset a breaker. I am going to try and get it rectified and rerouted correctly, I don't know how or why the brace was put there but I'm sure both were installed after the panel. We have a city inspector and permit process supposedly. Maybe the structural inspector doesn't know the Electrical Code?

Morton E. (Gene) Brown, CPE, CPQ

(Submitted via Joe Tedesco)

S
no direspect to the inspection community here, but i do sometimes wish they could all do lunch ,or something together......

[Linked Image]

N
this was probably put in to make an OSHA or insurance inspector happy- after the building inspectors left

ed
In addition to removing the brace, could you relocate the conduit in front of the panel/ strut on floor so it runs around the other side of the xfrmr, out of workspace? The brace certainly isn't the only prob. here You've got a mess on your hands, what about the secondary(?I think) out of the xfrmr???

Link Copied to Clipboard