ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 260 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#110956 08/09/06 09:33 PM
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Here are a couple of photos from a friend asking me to price him a service upgrade. He is tripping breakers (thankfully) and asked me if I thought there was a problem with the existing service (particularly if there were any code violations). I suggested that he check the batteries in his smoke detectors and have a fire extinguisher handy.

This should be cleaned up shortly. I posted a message about this last week asking about gutter or j-boxes. After looking at it again I believe most of the cables will reach. I am comfortable with this upgrade although I do always appreciate input or creative ideas.

Takideezy
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

#110957 08/10/06 09:09 AM
M
FPE circuit breakers tripping? Well...I guess that sort of thing CAN happen [Linked Image].

Judging from the PVC pipe and the cord wrapped around it, I'm assuming that there is a sump hole with a pump installed in front of this service location (a workspace violation, maybe...?). Are you going to do your new work in this same spot?

I hope you will take some pix of your new service and send them in.

Mike (mamills)

#110958 08/11/06 08:47 PM
N
While I am still glad that this is being replaced, I think you may want to consider possibly relocating it. Away from the sump. However, given that its FPE, just about anything would be an improvement.

FPE = Fire Producing Equipment [Linked Image]

#110959 08/14/06 09:08 PM
S
It looks like the electrical service was there well before the new sump pump pipe was put in. Whoever installed that pipe should have known better and at least used common sense during the installation. Guess thats too much to ask sometimes, huh?

That trough in the middle seems a bit too small for those large conductors going to the main. Bend radius anyone?

Link Copied to Clipboard