ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 262 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Found this at a church boiler room and there were many other things that were ugly in the room.

- Joe Velaz
[Linked Image]

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

B
Plumbers pipe-straps, foil-backed tape used by the HVAC guys, and then a sparky's hardware. Seems like there were two trades too-many putting this together... [Linked Image]

-John

I've never come across a condulet with 4 hubs before! It can't be a "T"... is it an "X"? [Linked Image] I'd think if you used all of those you'd be a bit over your pipe fill (as it looks like its either ½ or ¾ inch.. I've seen some funky things like this on old condulets that have the cover mounting holes diagonal instead of the standard ones common today..

I wonder if theres an insulating bushing or "red head" in that MC Cable....

-Randy

Yes, it is a Type "X"!
BTW Anti-short bushings aren't required on MC cable

Yeah yeah I know S!, But I prefer them... (My little quirk)

-Randy

B
There is a valve handle visible in the lower edge of the picture so the plumber's strap may actually be holding up pipe. Does anybody know the Listing on foil duct tape? It looks a little rasty but I rather find something like that than many of the more exciting things I've seen.

T
Why is it that houses of worship seem to have some of the worst systems (electrical, plumbing, etc.)

Oh, now I get it. It keeps everybody praying...

B
Unfortunately, the reality is that many churches operate on a shoestring budget and scary cash flow. The preacher knows that expensive repairs could mean he doesn't get paid that week. This creates a strong motivation to use the good-old-boy network. He calls somebody who knows somebody and, as long as it works by Sunday, cost is the only object. Carpenters and brick layers are much more plentiful than electricians and plumbers so you know who does most of the repairs.

Oh, boy!
I'm going this morning to connect temporary
construction power for a new church project we just got.
It's right in the middle of downtown Los Angeles. [Linked Image]

I had forgotten about all of the "volunteer help" that worked on the last church job I did. They hung all their own drywall (with a sheet of 5/8 and 2-1/2" screws, they were able to make a real mess of our cabling).
They got their own fixture package, with counts wrong, types wrong, and no lamps (a "deal" from a parishoner) They made what should have been a 3 month job last for a year...S

Link Copied to Clipboard