ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 483 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Mr. Mike W,
Congrats to y'alls Red Wings. I will state for the record that if I tried to put my foot into the type of Red Wings that you are refering to, I would not only get my front teeth knocked out, but would have to sit in the penalty box for an undisclosed amount of time.

bobc,
Many thanks, and the pleasure of posting here is all mine. I have the greatest respect for you, and all at HL&P (except the billing department [Linked Image]).

No dental work required here,
Doc

The Watt Doctor
Altura Cogen
Channelview, TX
E
No steel toes here, my work boots are Reebok tennis shoes. Maybe I should, but I don't require any special footwear for my employees. We mainly do residential work and I've never seen anyone from OSHA.

When I was estimating, and in the office all the time, I wore shorts and tennis shoes everyday. Then I got my present job, and had to go back to jeans and work boots.
Eagle,
Tennis Shoe Electric. I love it. You think that you could get Reebok to sponsor you? The official shoe of Tennis Shoe Electric. I see it in Neon Light, and plastered on the side of a fleet of service trucks.

Dead on my feet,
Doc

The Watt Doctor
Altura Cogen
Channelview, TX
R
All joking aside, when you are visited by OSHA and handed a fine that will negate or exceed the money you would have made on the whole job,(or more than one job) you will take notice. I have personally seen this happen to a small residential contractor. I'm not trying to scare anyone, but this 7 man outfit had never been visited by OSHA on a job before either. I work for a pretty large company and we are visited two or three times a year. We employ a full time safety director to keep our jobs and employes compliant. Even with this expense, it keeps our insurance, workers comp, and OSHA expenses down. We have never required our construction electricians to wear steel toed shoes, although our industrial electricians and motor shop personel yes.

Roger

D
From another prospective,
I used to work as an electrician some years ago. to this day I still have 5 toes on my left foot that wouldn't be there had I not been wearing my steel toes. Yep they were cold and uncomfortable, but sitting here wiggling my toes reminds me that it was well worth wearing the shoes.

Don

Rog, dlabrenz,
You'll have to forgive me for playing the jokester, and I must agree that this is a serious matter. I'm just trying to livin' it up a bit. Old habits die hard, and I will conform to the rules. Just let me kick and scream alittle bit, and we'll all be happy about it in the end.

Seriously,
Doc

The Watt Doctor
Altura Cogen
Channelview, TX
B
Minor links--

"SAFETY TOE Hy-Test offers the SEMC® (Structurally Engineered Moldable Composite) safety toe, designed to retain heat better in extreme conditions. The lightweight, non-metallic toe is constructed to be more impact-resistant in cold temperatures and does not conduct electricity. It exceeds ANSI standards. Hy-Test Safety Footwear, Rockford, MI." http://www.ishn.com/CDA/ArticleInformation/features/BNP__Features__Item/0,2162,15216,00.html
http://www.ce-mag.com/suppliers/co/162/16276.html
http://www.hytest.com/
www.lehighsafetyshoes.com/

S
MAGNETIC INSOLES
John Deere has introduced the MagneForce line of work boots with magnetic insoles in the boot’s actual construction. Users can take advantage of the benefits of magnets without worrying about the hassles of application. The magnet power penetrates the wearer’s foot to a depth of two inches, increasing blood flow, bringing natural pain relief, and stimulating the wearer’s energy level. John Deere Boots, Chicago, IL.

huh?wha????
my luck i'd be stuck hangin' like a bat off a bussway.....
[Linked Image]

B
Sounds like green-tractor boots are right up there with the miracle QuackRay Ionitropic bracelet.

“It’s NOT magnets and it’s NOT copper!” “Test performed by licensed medical professionals.” “Individual Results May Vary.”

[This message has been edited by Bjarney (edited 06-23-2002).]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard