ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 205 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1057 04/22/01 12:31 PM
G
Hi all,
I just ran across this site during a google websearch. I've been browsing electrical sites for a few years now and this definitely looks like one of the best on the web. Kudos to whoever put this place together, I'm looking forward to swapping war stories etc. and getting to know you all.

In the way of an introduction....I'm an electrician in Central Nebraska doing mainly commercial construction/remodel work with the usual mix of industrial/residential that you find with a small contracting outfit.
later,
golf junkie

#1058 04/22/01 04:31 PM
S
well hi GJ!
I'm Steve, aka 'sparky' from Vermont! This site is a good, laid back , educational one!everyone here seems to lend a hand towards that end !

[Linked Image]

#1059 04/22/01 06:50 PM
W
Hi Gj,
Welcome to a very informative type of forum where everone had his/her input on many topics. Which is very helpful in coping with customers as well as with the work ethics.

I am a elecrical contractor in North Carolina. Residential and light commercial. I usually stay on the service end of it. That's where all the fun is.

It alway exiciting/ rewarding to go and bring thing up to code. Most customers appreciate the results. Not all of them like the expense of upgrading. But they usually get over it.
talk to again.

Wayne [Linked Image]

#1060 04/22/01 08:50 PM
Uh... I hate to tell you this but...

The guy you flamed in the post:

OK Bill, which side of the fence are you on???

That'd be the Webmaster...

Good thing Bill's easy goin'!

[Linked Image]

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
#1061 04/22/01 10:34 PM
'66,

Was that a Flame? I didn't take it as such. I was definitely hedging my opinion on a difficult decision. Thanks for watchin' my back though.

Gj,

I guess I'd be the one accepting the Kudos and for the "I'd like to Thank" and "it wouldn't be possible without" part, well, that would be a long list, starting with the people you're talking to here.

They're a great bunch of guys and We seem to fit well together as we're all trying to 'build the better Moustrap'

Thanks
[Linked Image]
Bill

Bill
#1062 04/23/01 04:13 PM
S
Kudos Mr Webmaster,
keep up the good work here!
[Linked Image]
the thing is, don't be afraid to ask here,they'll be those who will know the answer.
you may find yourself totally blown out of the water, toolin' your rig around town, chewin' on a code you did'nt see or understand.... [Linked Image]
but hey, it's cheap education!
Steve
aka sparky
'code~in~the~mouth club member
[Linked Image]

#1063 04/24/01 12:01 AM
Broom Pusher and
Kudos also to the webster [Bill]! This forum sure makes me log-off in a happy mood after all the web-tape is done [similar to red-tape].

I really appreciate all you guys reading my 10K + worded replies [Linked Image]
They are long, so as much info possible can be conveyed [how's that for a disclaimer?? {joke}].

Golf Junkie [GJ]:

Steve's messages say it all. So does wayne's message.

As far as 66's message, he's not being rude or mean, he's just letting you know about the Webmaster. Please don't feel that 66' was trying to run you off the forum - quite the opposite! He will help out as would anyone else here. In other words, there's no stupid questions here!

My profile:

Commercial work mostly, some light Industrial, very little Residential.
Tasks range from New, Remodel, TIs and such - with a little bit of service work here and there.

I have been slowly moving out of full time field work, to more Designing / Engineering work, but the field work will never stop for me.

Do a lot of Design / Builds and Remodels, mostly on Bank Branches right now [and for the last 4 - 5 years].

Anyhow, take a run through the "Theory" section if you are into that part of the trade.

This forum offers such a wide variety to choose from, so your questions have a 99.999% probability of being answered with results.

Scott SET

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
#1064 04/24/01 12:06 AM
Gj

Yeah, I'm sorry if I came on too strong...

I'm the devil's advocate and token village idiot (although a few have threatened to take that away from me!)... Please take everything I say in the best way possible.

Some may even say my social skills need work!

Welcome to the forum!

-Virgil ('66)

-Virgil
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
#1065 04/24/01 12:34 AM
Broom Pusher and
Virgil,

I'm the tolken ring village idiot for the West Coast chapter. This award has been bestowed upon me for the 15th consecutive year now.
I was thinking of going Pro, maybe trying out for National Championship, but that's too much work.

I also belong to the California chapter of the CIDEE institute [Clowns and Idiots Doing Electrical Engineering]. They made me the Grand Pubah!!
Midterms were charging Capacitors and zapping each other with them.
Entry Prerequesites are best use of clown clothing worn to an occupied project while doing a typical "walk-thru" with clients and architects / consultants.
I took the 10X large shoes, squeaky nose and huge hair [like Bozo's] approach, while wearing common clown clothing and squirting flower / tie clasp.

Well, time for some Prozac!!

I sure hope these humor things get a smile from everyone! They are, just for fun and to throw something odd into a technical forum.

Sorry for the sillyness, now back to the seriousness!!

Scott SET

P.S. we need to create some clown and joker Icons [.GIFs] to use as message Icons and for "Smilees". Wonder if UBB software can do this, or allow them to be used??

P.S.S. - I just relized after posting this message, that I wrote "Tolken Ring Idiot"!!
Man, I have too much LAN stuff on my mind!
Please excuse the 4/16 MBPS [IEEE 802.5] reference.

[This message has been edited by Scott35 (edited 04-24-2001).]

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
#1066 04/24/01 12:56 AM
Lest we forget the FPE experiment?

Not to mention the Alternating Current fiasco!

charging Capacitors and zapping each other with them.

Been there, done that! [Linked Image]

Check out my last post in "Photo #1" for my latest embarrassment!

I've got the East Coast title nailed!

What are you're views on WiFi?
(IEEE 802.11b, or "Airport" for Mac users...)

[This message has been edited by sparky66wv (edited 04-24-2001).]

-Virgil
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard