ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Typical Scenario:

Monday morning's first stop was to inspect the Type NM-B cables and device boxes, etc., and fire alarm wiring located in the metal stud walls in a small men's clothing store.

Upon arrival the electrical inspector found the Sheetrock already up and taped.

What was the inspector's solution?

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Cat Servant
We had a GC in Reno that was fond of doing this sort of thing. Finally, one day the inspector poked a small hole in the wall, inserted a piece of wire, withdrew it....and Voila! No insulation!
Contractor ordered to take down rock in every house in developement for inspection. I think he was bankrupted by this- but he certainly knew better, but persisted in his 'cleverness.'

M
The last few inspectors I have dealt with require proof one way or another. All of them have accepted pictures of the work done, as long as the quality of the work could be seen, as well as the location. The inspectors were familiar with the quality of the work of the crews already. Otherwise you would have to show them, even if it meant removing the rock or chipping out concrete...

Mike Wescoatt
R
The sheetrock would have to be removed here.

Roger

R
Rip it down and show me [Linked Image]

Ryan Jackson,
Salt Lake City
B
If it's covered they are usually hiding something!!! So it's comming down here also
especially if it's a licenced contractor no excuse for *#@% like that

D
Gentlemen: I have been in the situation where I requested an inspection on Friday.
The following Friday I told the guys installing dry wall to wait until Wed. I again called for inspection that Fri afternoon. On Wed it still hadn't been inspected and got covered. Some of the dry wall came down for inspection, but I wasn't happy about it. Just how long do we hold up a job for an inspection?

D
The worst situation that I heard of was a pool contractor who jumped a bonding inspection. It wasn't the first time.

Needless to say, the whole concrete inground pool had to come out.

The pool contractor learned a costly lesson.

Wait, it is not worth it sometimes.

Dnk.......

D
And along this thread, what is the problem of rocking just one side, if rockers are in a hurry?

Dnk......

M
Here in NJ I have seen one side of walls sheetreocked on large commercial projects many times, the rockers aren't held up and have something to do but I imagine it is not the best thing for their effiency. But most of the time the game is all about how fast can they get the C of O and not how efficient the crew is.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard