ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
[Linked Image]

The motor behind this cover is put into operation every night, and every morning so that the store can protect their valuable products on 7th in the Los Angeles Jewelry District.

So what's the issue!! Joe!!

Go ahead, you touch each side of the EMT and let me know if you feel a tickle or tingle, I will catch you as you fall from the ladder!

[This message has been edited by Joe Tedesco (edited 02-05-2003).]

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

S
Wonder if the person who slapped that "no war for oil" sticker on the box felt the shock. Seems like the enclosure's been beat up with a hammer....

SvenNYC

Someone may have tried to steal the motor so that it could be sold to the junk man for scrap!

Your experiences around NYC streets is appreciated. Can you take some pictures of some of the horrors you found and post them here?

L
this unit is outside,right.is that an emt set screw coupling i see.also surprise they did not use a piece of flex sealtite at the unit.

S
Joe, I don't have a digital camera (yet). However if you want, I can start taking paper photographs and mail them to you.

Let me know, though probably digital pictures are probably easier for you (don't have to scan) and better in quality for the Web.

SvenNYC

OK, you can send me the pictures so I can scan them. Send me the receipts for developing, and your address so I can repay you and send you some 35 mm film I have.

My address can be found here:
http://ecmweb.com/ar/electric_whats_wrong_16/index.htm

B
sven,

the best ones are the open circuit breaker boxes underneath overpasses. On the LIE in Queens they are always hacked open, and left openned.

I've actually had to build metal mess inclouses for my building's light becuase punks would constantly smash apart the lights at night in brooklyn.

Link Copied to Clipboard