ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
[Linked Image from themeterguy.com]

I don't think this setup is approved or listed in Maimi?

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

M
How do you get a fish tape through those tight 90's?! [Linked Image]

C
[Linked Image] bet you get a lot of hot water from this, just what tempature? [Linked Image]but seriously this takes the cake.ERWIN

Ignoring 300.18(A), one can do all kinds of "creative" piping!

[Linked Image]

I see way too much of this, and some customers want you to pull through their pipe. It really gets fun when they've imbedded the white PVC with street ells in concrete for you to use as a "chase" for 4/0 SER... I don't even want to go there...

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
Slightly off topic, but does your utility allow creating entries in meter enclosures like that? Would that be a UL Listing violation for this equipment?

Bill

Bill
R
Hey, Moe. No wonder the water won't flow through these pipes. There's wire in there.

Reh reh. Woo woo woo woo.

W
This must be code compliant as it appears to be bagged and tagged with a real working meter. It must be one of the utilities with electric and gas in their name, and the pipe in question is just the gas. I guess the inspector that passed this wasn't curious as to wheather the elbows at the bottom may indicate that the burial depth may be just a little shy of code requirements.

M
Sure hope that the installer used teflon tape on the joints. It would be bad news having all of them there free electrons leaking out on the lawn.

M
Watthead:
You must want the whole world...BURIED, TOO? [Linked Image] I'd be surprised if some of this wasn't laying on top of the grass!

Seriously, though...it looks like the 2nd, 3rd, and possibly a 4th meter up from the bottom don't have the metal sealing tags.

Mike (mamills)

W
mamills
Sometimes I am wrong! I can't remember the last time, but on second thought the conduits are the utilities and thus not covered by the NEC and its' minimum code. I guess some utilities would run these non-overcurrent protected service conductors under your door mat if you asked them nice. It's no wonder the general public becomes so casual about dangerous electrical installations.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard