ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#102830 01/04/07 12:38 AM
W
wacked Offline OP
I was wondering if anybody has experienced a problem with Sylvania Octron tubes ( FO32/841/ECO )installed in fixtures that run an Advance Centium ballast ( rapid start, RCN-2S32-SC) The lamps that originally came with the fixture are Phillips F32T8/TL841 Universal HI VISION. The local wholesaler says that the ECO lamps should work "no problem" The Octron ECO lamps glow orange like and give a weird light. I though this was just one fixture until a few other fixtures were tried, resulting in the same "awsome glow". Could it be that the low mercury content ECO tubes are not designed for your regular T8 ballast??? Any comments???

W
wacked Offline OP
Sorry folks, a bit of a correction on this!!
Another fellow was giving some info that was not quite right. The bulbs do work, it takes a fair bit of time for them to "brighten up" ( usually after they have been shut off and then restarted) But they do not last very long at all. Perhaps 3 months....this is so.

R
Personally I have had nothing but bad experiences with Sylvania lamps of all types.
problems with them not lasting long, not working right out of the box and in one case a "Q-250 PAR 38" lamp installed in the local convention center literally "grenaded" sending down shards of hot glass.
Anyway all we use now is Philips or G.E lamps and as for fluorescents, we have used the Philips " F32 T8 / TL 841 UNIVERSAL HI VISION" with no problems... good life out of these lamps.

A.D

Link Copied to Clipboard