ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 112 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
C
Clyde Offline OP
I'm part of a small electrical contracting company in Southwestern Ontario. It seems lately, everyone I know is running off to Alberta because of the job opportunities there.

I was wondering if anyone is from Alberta and knows what things are like over there as far as electrical contractors are concerned. We are considering moving a part of our organization in that direction.

Is this a good idea bad idea? Any opinions would be tremendously appreciated.

Clyde

B
Hi clyde, seems weird but i'm from alberta and am currently in s.ont. visiting family. there is lots of work in AB. Central AB is having a boom but there is spin off work from the oil patch almost everywhere. Commercial work always has a slow period in the spring while the ground thaws. Housing is still experiencing strong growth. And of course industrial and oil related growth is very strong. What sector of the industry would you be looking at?

G
Hi Clyde
I,m from Kingsville,but that besides,I here it is tough to get men out there and I don,t know how you could bring any from this area
considering how busy it is here.(Union anyways)

C
Clyde Offline OP
In Alberta, we were thinking of focusing mainly on residential wiring. This is simply because the members of our crew who want to go out there prefer residential, but are also experienced and skilled in industrial and commercial. If anyone knows the average rate for billable hours, that would be information greatly appreciated. Please specify if there are differences between Northern, Central and Southern Alberta.
Thanks,
Clyde

Link Copied to Clipboard