Hello again, it's been a while.

I'm working on a kitchen remodel and suggested to the customer that a receptacle at the island would be a good idea. It is a slab floor. I plan on coming off of one of the receps (2x4 outside wall - So Cal) to a 4S box, then conduit from the 4S box, down the wall and through the bottom plate to the island. I see that FMC is off limits, but what about LFMC or LFNC? It is both suitable for direct bury, but I couldn't see whether or not it is suitable for contact with concrete. The nice thing about LFMC or LFNC is that if the customer was off by a couple inches on the location of the island wall, it would be much easier to break the concrete on the island end of the conduit and move it over slightly. This wouldn't be possible when using RNC, IMC, or RMC. If no LFMC or LFNC, what would you suggest?

Regarding minimum cover requirements in 300.5, would this be classified as "In trench below 50-mm (2-in.) thick concrete or equivalent" or "Under a building"? Or could I get away with just a notch in the slab?

Thank you.

Roy

[This message has been edited by royta (edited 05-09-2006).]