George,
All codes aside... We're talking about a large tub of water, often installed outdoors. Although GFI fed, you would still have live conductors under the rim of what is technicaly a pool. In an area that could be very wet. Maintained by a pool guy, who may or may not have access to the disco for the feeder, and has a job to do. I would preffer, due to conciance(MS), to even provide wider than work-space requirements for the access to the shut off so he can work. Even though it is doubtfull I would ever meet this person.

Also, I have not seen one with a switch of any kind under the skirt in about 5 years. (May be due to dominant brand in this area)Many barely have room for a flex to the relay box, never-mind a 60A disco, and thatIMO is what you want to shut off. Most of these have 3 modes, jets on, clean, and stand-by/auto.

Here's another oblique method of thinking. All electrical wiring method not assoiated with the tub needs to be outside of 5'. (As it is considered a pool.) Is the portion of the feeder before the disco "associated" with the tub? ("Associated" in listed, factory installed way.)

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason