e57-I'm not convinced that the maintenance disconnect we're talking about is required to be in addition to any disconnect located under the skirt of the spa. In fact since you've quoted the hand book I'm more convinced that this switch (under the skirt) is the only one required. The term "it's equipment" is talking about the equipment powered through the switch. There doesn't appear to be a need for any other disconnect for lights etc. If the disconnect disconnects "it's equipment" the two are required to be within sight of each other. If you must open the skirt of the spa to service it, square head screws and all, that's okay because now the disconnect and "it's equipment" are within sight of each other. Sometimes the spa and spa pack are not together. The pump and sanitation equipment are remote from the spa and then the disconnect must be located by "it's equipment" and I know we agree on this senario. As for the"panic button" I should have said "emergency switch" but HEY, means the same thing [Linked Image]

George Little