I see a lot of these, and marked different, and in different locations all of the time.

Many different names for it... Bastard Leg, Red Leg, High Leg, Hi-C, on and on....

Located on "B", and occasionaly "C".

Marked Red, Blue, Orange(NEC), and Purple(Local Code).

Anyway, if doing a service change like this it is the Electricians repsonability to maintain Phase, and Rotation even if a High leg or not. And although I have made the same mistake most others of us have, putting things that don't belong on this leg on it. It would be my responcability, cause I ought to know better, and have checked voltage with any service or panel first. Especially 3 phase, too many variables in voltage and system to just do it blind. (Open delta, corner grounded, Center-tapped/High leg, and wye's...) See this thread: https://www.electrical-contractor.net/ubb/Forum15/HTML/000054.html

Anyway, I screw it up, it's my fault, I fix it. This guy should be reminded of this.... Things didn't catch fire/explode before he got there! And, if he was putting in a 200A MCOP, on a meter section or SEC's rated below that, the work he did was a code violation, and should not have done it. He essentialy bid a violation... Making his work useless to the customer, some will dis-agree, but see this as his problem too. Some of us have probhably done this too, and I think many would cut a deal for that work, not free, but reduced.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason