The speed and savings is doing that appose to bell boxing then going from bellbox to disconnect then to A/C unit.

Yes a WP within 25ft of A/C is standard and pretty well enforced around here.

There is more to then just that about the guy why I think he is a PITA. He would fail us because of the sticker thing which I harped about trying ot say the same thing "Show me in the damn NEC".
He would fail us if we walked with him and he found one GFI protected outlet did not have the GFCI sticker on it, but we put the sticker on it while we walked with him.
Said he didn't care, he didn't have the sticker and it wasn't on there when he walked in so he would stop and just fail. Would make us recall the inspection in because of a sticker.

I always knew that NM isn't rated for use in conduit but we go back to the disposal, we always use NM inside Carflex for that they never say anything.

So if it's called liquid-tight ie. Carflex, how can they say the wire is not protected from liquid while inside of it heh.

Yes, we try to just put the disconnect directly onto the stub-out, however my company loves to stub the wire out right behind the A/C pad.

As for low-volt we don't use bell wire, we run CAT V for everything, chime, garage door, phones...

BTW: I'll never respect that one inspector (Only one I don't like) because he is a framing inspector who reads the book and makes judgement on that, never ever done electrical a day in his life.

[This message has been edited by foestauf (edited 08-03-2005).]