We are planning on moving some industrial machinery to a new location and re-install them. This will not be in a classified location. The electric drops from the ceiling to these machines are done in a variety of methods since they were installed by different techs over the years.
My question is, what is the preferred code compliant method? I have both 480 volts 3 phase and 208 volts single phase coming to each machine. Each machine draws a max of 20amps on the 480 and 10amps on the 208. Is Liquidtight Flexible Metal conduit attached to the side of 4" sq. boxes with 90 deg angle connectors w/strain relief OK? That way I could have all the conductors for both voltages inside and have one drop per machine. Or are flexible cords with strain relief the best method?,one drop cord for each voltage. I would like to set things up to have a neat appearance, and to be practical,and code compliant. I realize there are probably several different approved methods. i would like to hear how you like to do it.