I have been installing PVC underground to supply outdoor branch circuits. PVC makes for a speedy installation.

I have had some of this PVC damaged from impact, including SCH 80 where it emerges from ground.

I want to use a piece of ridged conduit only where it emerges from ground and change right back to PVC.

Does the code require this short section used for physical protection to be bonded to the grounding conductor of the branch circuit?