A local inspector told me that he wanted me to protect (with conduit) a #2 Grounding Electrode Conductor that I ran about 4' on the outside of a house. He insisted that anywhere it was visible, it was subject to severe physical damage.
After I asked him if PVC80 would be OK with him, he told me that PVC40 would be fine, or if I preferred, Nonmetallic Flex or ENT (smurf tube) would be good.

I thought he was nuts at first.

What do you make of it?