LK

The State of Mass. (iwire and Electricmanscott) has 21 hours of CEU on the books 15 are mandated to encompass Electrical National and State Code Changes)
The additional 6 are left to the individual’s interests. A candidates completion of the 15 hours are reported on the States Data Base directly to our board of examiners there are a limited number of us doing these presentations and we must submit our syllabus to the board for approval as well as post a bond.

For the most part many of the providers also present the 6-hour classes but board direstion is limited. Essentially a individual whom wishes to acquire a Masters Lic. (Contractors here) could take a business related class at a college, or something like that.

I have been presenting 15-hour Code updates since 1987, (teaching since 1973) and I can assure you from my side of the room (weekends and evenings) it can be a grind on those that are required to attend. I'm self-motivated I enjoy the conversations and interaction (I also receive pay). But the people that work all day in the cold then have to sit in a hot class room tend to get a little "lets say distracted". I would guess that happens everywhere.

I think some of the electricians we see need more code, theory, business law, etc. But from my perspective a good number of them are teaching me a thing or two. It goes both ways.

I still like the idea of self directed professional improvement. Sure the state could be a little more involved in regards to content, but my experience would tend to lean towards less is better. I also think 21 is hours in fine. But that would be this mans opinion

Charlie