i dont do fire pumps every day, hope i dont sound too stupid asking,
whatever, this is a loooong question

i'm a little confused by a one-line diagram on some plans. it shows 2 sources, the mdp and mde supplying emgcy power, to the fire pump controller. from there one circuit goes to the fire pump and the other goes to the jockey pump controller.
but the fire pump controller has a warning note that refers to nfpa20 7-3.4.4, same as 695.1, that says the fire pump controller cant be used as a j-box to supply other equipment, (assuming they are referring to the jockey pump).
it also says the supply for the jockey pump controller cant be connected to the fire pump controller. but i think the one-line showed both the fire and jockey pumps coming from the fire pump controller.
then if thats not enough confusion we dont show the 480v 100a 3ph transfer switch in the one-line but it is supposed to be located just ahead of the fire pump controller with sources from the mdp and mde using a generator for backup power.

all of that said, isnt it just saying to keep the jockey pump controller and fire pump controller separated? and if so then the one-line shouldnt show the jockey pump coming from the fire pump controller, right?

i think i remember reading that jockey pumps are ok on the fire pump feeders though, which seems to contradict what nfpa20 says?

695.4 says for power continuity when making a direct connection using a transfer switch that it should be listed as a combination fire pump controller and power transfer switch, or, a by making a supervised connection of the disco and ocpd between the source and the listed [fpc] fire pump controller and [pts] power transfer switch combination.

so does that mean that if you use a transfer switch that you have to use a listed combination fpc/pts?

dont worry, someone will help me with this, but you guys offer valuable perspectives, so thot i'd at least ask.