renosteinke, thanks for the great explanation! That is what I thought this forum was for. I misunderstood the table. I understand now that it is for load calculations and not for instucting on how much light to provide. Yes, you are correct. I have been an industrial electrican for 12 years now and have not had to deal a whole lot with lighting. I have read the code book through and study it when I have questions about different situations. I have mostly been doing small jobs on the side for several years. Over the last year, my jobs have been getting a little bit bigger as the area that I live in is experiencing heavy economic developement. I have wired several houses and have helped wire several commercial buildings in the last few years. But, like I said, no one that I have worked with has actually showed me how to determine how much light to provide. They just seem to put up enought light that either the inspector likes it or he does not. Again, thanks for giving a positive response. I'll try to read the book and understand a little better next time before I post the question.