Hello,

I have a 70w sodium light on my garage, the light will go on and off on its own. I replaced the light sensor and made sure that it was not pointing at any other light sources. This did not help, on the advise of the local HD store, I replaced the bulb and have the same problem. I noticed the other day that it always goes off when I turn the inside garage lights on or the compressor on (A small one) I took reading when the compressor kicks on and when the lights come on and get 118v as the lowest for a second then back to 122v. I am willing to replace the whole thing is need be, but I was wondering what in the unit would need to be replaced, I understand that the cap is used for starting it but it sounds like the unit is touchy to the volts comming in, once it goes out, it will start right back up and will be fine untill something else is switched on. None of the lights in the garage flicker or anything like that and nothing is overloaded, it has an old 4 fuse box that goes to outlets on the wall, a 4 tube 4ft fluorescent fixture, the compressor is a small unit that pulls about 7 amps. The fuses are the correct 15 amp. I realise that the panel should be replaced, but down the road the garage is going to be replaced so I did not have it done when the house was done.
(One other thing, it looks like that outdoor light is on its own fuse and the inside light has its own with one not used at all and the other for the plugs. )

(Note, the spell checker does not work..looks like they want to charge for it now)