I got a call to change out a range a few weeks ago. The customer said that the guys from Best Buy had come to replace his range, but told him that he would need an electrician to do it because the unit was "hard-wired" into place.

I get out to the house, tip the range forward, and see a piece of BX running from the back of the range down to the floor. The first thing I thought was that some genius ran the conduit through the floor and tied into a J-box under the house. But then I slid the range out a few more inches and found that some genius had actually fastened a molded range plug on the end of the conduit and it was plugged into a receptacle on the floor. (The whole range was sitting on a box frame about 3.5" above floor level.) I reached down, unplugged the range, and asked him if there was anything else he needed. [Linked Image] I might have been there a total of 5 minutes.

If the install guys from Best Buy had slid the unit out a little further they would've been able to do the job and saved the customer a service call.

Kevin