We have insurance that extends to our tools and inventory in the trucks and our shop. If you have homeowners insurance or renters insurance it should extend to your personal property in the vehicle. Your auto policy may also cover it. I would be reluctant to claim on a homeowners policy for an amount this low because they'll cancel or non renew you.