Trollog, it's one thing when you're remodeling and working from scratch in some cases, but it's service work/ troubleshooting that gets you. Some of these old houses are beautiful, remodeled to show house condition, but the electrical was just never really updated completely. They really test your skills and knowledge because nothing is wired the way it would be today. Larry, I like your extension cord idea, that's a good one. I've thought of running thhn around for this but never thought of a simple extension cord. I'll use that one for sure. I had one call the other day where they switched all the neutrals instead of the hots and made all the romex to K&T splices inside the walls, no box of course and beautiful rare wall paper on plaster walls. Now there having problems with flickering lights, go figure. It would be one thing if you could get to these splices, like in commercial work, but when everything is buried in the walls it's a little difficult. Oh well, it's always a challenge and it pays the bills. T&M for sure on these.