A client has something similar to rope lighting running in a shallow groove on top of her kitchen cabinets. It's controlled by a SP switch above the counter top. The voltage at the switch is 115 AC but there is 12 VAC to the lights. A lamp cord comes out of a hole in the wall and splices to the "fixture". The lamps themselves are spaced 2" OC and they are in a rigid, clear plastic housing.
Two questions: Does anyone know where I can get something similar i.e. 12V strip lights?
Could I step-up the voltage with a transformer mounted on top of the cabinets and use 115V rope lights? I can find those.
Additionally - I can't find the step-down transformer for the existing lights. It may be inaccessible.
Thanks, Don