Hello there could use your thought. 240v water heater. lowvoltage relay(24v)controled by night rate switch. The unit is a new instal yet plumber would not hook it up because reylay box seemd to be shorted out. It wasn't, isn't , had at one time..anyway. Reylay makes contact nicly..solid thunk when it comes in. loses continuety between terminals when power feeding it is off. like it should..n/o contacts. now hers's the problem: - When I conect line voltage it passed it right through as if it was on. I can turn it on you can hear the coil pull in...turn it off...still has power. took it apart. not even corroded, shinny. no continuety between terminals, coil is fine, around 34 ohms. no continuety to any of the terminals.

WHAT AM I MISSING.....GOT TO GO FIX IT TOMARROW MORNING. maybe i just need to sleep on it. thankyou for your time

I have worked as an apprentice and on to a journeyman in a general construction company. 90% of what I do is residential. I have an associats degree in electrical technology. I have started my own buisness this year and am with out the help of other electricians. this is why i find this site so helpful.