Hello, I had to work outside in the rain this week. How about you? Not once, not twice, but three friggin' times this week! On Wednesday, I was out there half the day tying in an A/C disconnect and condensor, the required outlet within 25', and a pair of ground rods for a service I'd be doing some time in the future. The #6 cu was run under a deck with very little room to maneuver (sp?).

Yesterday, same thing. 1 A/C disconnect plus condensor, 1 GFCI outlet upgraded at existing location (located under a water gutter no less!!!), and installation of 2 intermatic in-use covers. It was friggin' pouring out!

Today, I had to repair the line side of a 200 amp residential servicethat had been torn off the side of the house by a tree branch last night. Again, it was freaking pouring - all day too!

My question is this: I know water and electricity do not mix, but what are the dangers of bugging in a service in a drizzling rain?

I just had to get that off my chest. Thanks for listening. Now I'm going to enjoy some hot tomatoe soup. Yum.

[This message has been edited by ShockMe77 (edited 10-14-2005).]