"No good deed goes unpunished". I agree with that one. I was at a restautrant working on a problem with the lighting a few years back. Their ice machine was down and the refrigeration man had just left, telling them it would be a few days before he returned. He said the compressor was bad. They asked if I would look at it. I informed them that I don't work on ice machines ( after a little whinning by the owner I take a look and discover that the relay is bad). Jump in the van and drive five miles to an appliance parts place , where I don't have an account and pay $40 for a replacement relay. Come back and install the relay and turn on the machine, it's making ice before I leave. The owner gets mad because I charged him an extra hour of labor to go and purchase and install a part ( that's how long it took ). Never do anything outside the trade and when the invoice is presented it only shows electrical work. For some reason people think that other trades work cheaper than we do. We have an appliance repair company that advertises $35 dollars and hour labor. They just make their money by really over charging for the materials. It comes out about the same in the end.