I suppose most any course- even the matchbook sover one- has value. One does need to learn "the alphabet" before they can read,after all.
But, just as knowing the "ABC's" doen not make you Shakespere, 'doing a course' doesn't make you an electrician.

Keep in mind that large parts of the trade have nothing to do with electricity. Or theory. Or code.
You'll spend a lot of time 'on the dumb end of a shovel." You'll bens lots of pipe. Climb lots of ladders. Crawl lots of attics. Drill holes in everything from boxes to concrete walls. There's a reason it's called "Work."

You'll need to learn how jobs are run, about different types of construction. You'll have to learn a little about HVAC, alarms, CATV, and how the phone company does things.

I guess what I'm aying is that it takes as much time, effort, and smarts to become a "journeyman" as it does to be an engineer or doctor. There really are no short-cuts, and only part can be learned in a classroom.

By far the best route is through an apprenticeship program. Consider other (related) jobs and courses as preperation for the apprenticeship program.

And when you become a journeyman- the learning really begins!