Hello,

I have been missing in action for over a month or so. I picked up a bad virus from, Who Knows Where"? However I will be glad to let you know what I did wrong so that you don't make the same mistake.
I got somewhere on the Internet where a lot of "Pop-Ups" kept appearing on my screen. I tried to shut them down as fast as I could, and that is what got me in trouble.
One of the "Pop-Ups" was a small window that promised me a "Better way to surf the net". The problem was ( and I didn't figure it out until a couple of days and many hours on the computer) was that there was a small box in the center of the screen that read, " CLOSE THIS BOX". When I clicked on it it read, "Exit, and Continue!"
What that did was to install a program that allowed a millon "pop-ups" to appear on my machine any time I connected to the Internet. If I had took the time to read all of the small print, ( and I was trying to close 10-20 pop ups at a time)it said I have to move the curser to the small icon at the top of the page and right click on it. That would have said, "Close and exit!". Since I didn't read everything first,I had to remove all of my info from the hard drive and save it back on to disc, while I was off line. I tried to remove the virus, but I failed. I had to reformat my hard drive and install evrything again from scratch.
My haste to remove the pop up and not reading all of the fine print cost a lot of time and effort to get back on line. I just hope that my warning can save one person from this bad virus.