Show up at a job resi romex remodel to help out / clean-up afer one of our leads thats been on with us for a while. (Resi for 'bout a year or so) I have been on some slam dancing commercial jobs for most of the time he's been with us. Busy year! So I haven't seen him operate really, unless it was AT one of my much larger jobs, where I run the show.

So anyway, I show up, start walking the job doing a little QC... Cans aren't straight, need an outlet there, then I notice, everything is live. All of it, everything, whips out of the wall at eye level, switch legs, every outlet, everything.

So I ask him, "how come everything is on?"
"Oh, I do that so if the rockers, or carpenters mess something up, they'll know right away - I do it all the time."
So I'm nice about it, "So what makes you think that its OK - before I rattle off a list of safety hazards?"
His answer, "(Our PM, name ommited) says to do it."
Really?> Yeah, really. So I call, 'whats with this...' The answer is the same: "so if the rockers, or carpenters mess something up, they'll know right away..."
So then I am asked, "So you don't do it?" -"NO! Workplace safety, liability, where should I begin?" So next thing I know, I am debating this with the BOSS.

Anyway, sorry for the long narative, but have I lost my mind? Anyone else think this is an acceptable practice? Am I the only one who doesn't do it?

Now don't get me wrong, a few temp GFI outlets, or a few temp lights in a dark area - fine. But the whole job?

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason