They have PTO generators that are conected to the transmission. The trans has to come with a special PTO port. Not very common. Seen more in 1 ton manual transmissions.

I would not plan on using an inverter to run power tools for long periods. Do the math. With my math to get 10a 120v you need around 100 amps at 14 volts. Stardard alternators max out in the 100 amp range. They are not made to run at max very long. You also have to figure it takes maybe 20+ amps from the alternator to keep the truck running.

If you did run an inverter for more than small loads run the power wire back to the alternator lug. You ever notice the size wire they use from the factory on the alternator. Most are #10 or #12. Adding a 2nd battery would not hurt.

They do have belt drive generators. You would have to make the pully turn at 1800 or 3600 rpm. Good luck trying to get a ford to run at a steady RPM. Trying to come up with a bracket belt set up sounds like a project.

Ford did have a duel alt option in ambulances with larger alternators.

An RV generator I beleve hooks in with the trucks fuel system and 12 electrical for starting. Maybee it could be mounted under the truck.

You may save a little maintence on a portable generator but you put the wear on the truck. The truck probibly uses more fuel to run. Ideling trucks all day long is not the idel life for them. The price of a truck engine you could buy a few generators.

Wait,

You wanted 240v at 20amps (8,300 watts) to run off a 12v Ford. Your crazy.

Tom