Situation: detached garage with underground cable coming in no disconnect, just a junction box. It is fed from part of the unfinished basement lighting circuit which has armoured cable. It then goes into homeowners newly remodeled basement office which is finished with no access points to where the underground feed leaves the basement to the garage. The problem? Getting 121 volts across the neutral and bare ground wire in the garage and the exposed armoured cable in the basement I get 121 volt reading neutral to ground. The ground and the netrual is bonded together in the panel box. The armoured cable is clamped into the panel box properly. The rest of the circuits are new romex and properly grounded. What could be causing ground fault? Could inadequate grounding or bonding from the panel box allow this to happen? I would like to hear how others handled this problem? One thing I did notice and I used to different meters when checking to make sure, when I first touched my probes to get a reading, it quickly went to 240 something volts for a split second and then dropped down to 121v.