I am doing an upgrade at a residence that was bought by a realtor for fixup and resale. When I got to the jobsite to start, I discovered they had gutted the entire house, walls, wiring, gas lines, heating and cooling, plumbing etc. The remodeling is to be done by an unlicensed contractor with a crew of 3. No permits were obtained. The unlicensed contractor will reinstall all plumbing and electrical inside the house. The only reason they had me do the upgrade was because they knew it had to be done by a licensed contractor and a permit had to be obtained. Now I am kind of worried about what kind of wiring they will do and if I could be held liable for any of their mess since I am doing the upgrade. Not to mention what the inspector will say when he comes to inspect my work, it's obvious what is going on.
I'm debating what do do, if anything. I am wishing I would have walked away from the start, but I didn't know they had ripped out the interior wiring till I had the old service demoed.
Anyone have this happen before? One thing I will do for sure, take a photo of my finished work before they add anything to my panel.

[This message has been edited by BigB (edited 02-20-2005).]