We have a strict method of roughing in. We do 75+ homes per year and there's no money to slack off.

The biggest time saver is getting the material takeoff done and having EVERYTHING at the sight when you get there. I keep the shop loaded up and pull the order the evening before. The only thing we have to get is the cut length SER and range and I do that at lunch.

Last week we roughed an 1700 sq ft heated house in four hours. Three men in the 33 degree rain.

When we hit the job I layout while the two guys hit the ceiling boxes. I start to nail up wall boxes as soon as I mark heights w/ a story pole. One man leaves the ladder to start drilling behind me. All boxes up and all holes drilled before any wire goes up. Home runs first, we pull six at a time and lable them as they land. Then jump the cicuits and then the 240V lines. Then it's staple up before ya make 'um up time. While two of us make up one will remain in the attic and pull DataCom. We stuff the LV cables while making up. Stud gaurd while we broom clean the job. Paint the floor so we can find our boxes that dont get cut out. Hop in the truck and go to the next one!