Gent's

Don't get me wrong here.... We do do this stuff for money! Whole house audio in my place is if I tune into NPR on the clock radio by the bed, and the living room at the same time...

It's an add-on for alot of remodels 50%sqft or more. After mark-up, (granted you got wholesale pricing) its a hunk of change that would have gone to some hack to do it. The only think to watch out for is persons whom consider themselves "Audiophiles", which means they really want to spend money, and you should mark it up more, and add consulting time to drag them down to the showrooms for time with a "designer" who'll spec all of your locations, wiring and equipment, and let them play with all of the equipment there. (And take all of the responability too, if the customer doens't like the end results.) You can easilly come up with 10% just in mark up (Not including the install itself - which is just pulling wire) after everyone else get thier share of +/-$10K.

One of our main Electrical Supply houses, has a loft above, that has a whole showroom of speakers, plasma TV's, all kinds of high end source equipment the Son of the owner of the supply house runs that end of the biz, when he's not at the counter.

Another guy I used to work with went out on his own as an Electrical Contractor, and was offered all of the installs from one AV shop. Now its all he does, and does well at it.

[This message has been edited by e57 (edited 01-05-2005).]

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason