M27500-20TE3T14 M27500-20TE2T14 from Wiremasters. They sent me a cut sheet on the solder tubes they carry yesterday. However cost is the big issue. This isn't a critical system and isn't in a high vibration environment. It is an air conditioner for a fixed radar. The control panel is indoors, as well as the compressor/evaporator/blower stack. The condenser is outdoors and is electro-polished.

We are using Cannon plugs and half of them only use 9 to 12 pins. We have a government reg. for how to solder the ground wire to the braid, then shrink seal the ground to the cable. It works well and provides extra braid length behind the soldered area for flexibility, but it looks like crap. It is also difficult to get the workers to do clean solders. I only have one I trust to do a perfect job every time. I am going to try to get her a bonus check for her good work and excellent attitude. There were only two minor mistakes on a panel with over 2500 individual points.

The tubes from wiremasters are the shrink tubes with seals at either end and the solder ring in the middle. The cable insulation is Tezfel.

I still do not think that the government and my company wants to make these any more expensive as they probably won't be looked at except for maintenance. I am just a stickler for aesthetics.

I used to work on these plugs when I was a Submariner and I feel your pain on the massive 100+ pin cables, especially when you can only get to them by crawling between the back of the equipment and a bulkhead!